Island Acres Policies
Check-in is 3:00 – 8:00pm
- Island Acres is s contactless check-in property.
- Guests will receive an email and text message on the day of arrival with check-in instructions.
- If you plan to arrive after 8:00 PM, please let us know so that we can make arrangements.
Check-out is 10:00am
- If you require late check-out, please arrange that prior to your day of departure.
- All accounts must be paid in full prior to check-out.
Cozy King Studio at Island Acres Resort Motel
- Kitchen units require a 72-hour notice of cancellation for a refund, minus a $15 processing fee. For a cancellation with less than 72-hour notice, a value of one night’s stay will be billed to the credit card on file.
- Our cabin requires a 30-day notice of cancellation for a refund, minus a $30 processing fee. For a cancellation with less than 30-day notice, a value of one night’s stay will be billed to the credit card on file.
- For no cancellation notice (no shows), the entire stay will be billed to the credit card on file.
- We cannot accept e-mail cancellations. Please call us to inform us of your cancellation.
- Large group reservations require a 30-day cancellation notice.
- Large groups must provide a different credit card number for each room reservation or pay in full prior to the 30-day cancellation period.
- We provide housekeeping upon request unless staying for more than 5 days.
- For stays longer than 5 days, we will provide housekeeping half-way through the stay or upon guest’s request.
- Guests must clean up any cooking mess they create in the kitchens.
- We will charge guests additional cleaning fees of $25 an hour for rooms that require longer than typical cleaning time.
- If the extra cleaning required means the unit is not available for others, we may charge the guest responsible for the damages for the days that the unit is out of service.
- All reservations are secured with a valid credit card and full address of the person making the reservation.
- Online reservations require the deposit of the first night’s stay for each unit selected.
- Some of the online booking agencies offer a photo of our property and a phone number that does not belong to us. We will not be responsible for reservation changes approved by calling someone other than Island Acres at 970.641.1442.
- We will not honor fraudulent reservations.
- All Island Acres units are non-smoking.
- We will charge guests who smoke in our non-smoking units a $500 cleaning fee to restore the room.
- Smoking is permitted on the patio areas.
Please, consider your pets before bringing them along on vacation. Will the pet enjoy the experience? Also consider your plans. Will most of your activities include your pet? If the answer to one or both of these questions is “No,” as pet owners, we would encourage you to find an alternative to bringing your pet.
The vast majority of the pet owners who have stayed with us over the years have wonderful with delightful pets. Our policies are designed to help keep our expenses low so that we can continue to make it affordable for those owners to travel with their pets.
Our Pet Policies
- We welcome well-behaved pets only.
- One pet is permitted in units with one bed. Multiple pets (max 2) requires a larger unit.
- Pets are not allowed on the furniture, including beds.
- Guests must declare all pets at the time of reservations or check-in.
- Pet fees are $20 nightly for one pet and $25 nightly for two pets.
- We don’t require a damage deposit. However, we may charge additional fees if extensive cleaning beyond the normal deep cleaning process or damage repair is necessary (see housekeeping policies).
- If the extra cleaning required means that the unit is unavailable for others, we may charge the guest responsible for the damages for the days the unit is out of service.
- Guests must never leave their pets in a vehicle.
- Pets must be happily confined to a crate or pet carrier and quiet when left unattended in your room. Closing your pet in the bathroom does not count as being crated. Please ensure the front office has a working cell phone number for you before leaving your pet unattended.
- Guests must leash or carry all pets when outside guest rooms.
- Due to safety concerns for our employees and your pet, we cannot provide housekeeping to a unit with an unattended pet, even if crated.
- Please be considerate of other guests when walking pets on the property.
- Island Acres makes it easy to clean up after your pet with two pet stations, please use them.
- As a privately owned property, management reserves the right to refuse service to anyone who is discourtesy to staff or other guests.
- We reserve the right to change our policies on an “as needed” basis as we address issues and concerns brought to us by guests, staff and our own observations.
- Management will not honor fraudulent reservations.
- We are not responsible for accidents or injury to guests or for loss of money, jewelry or valuables of any kind.
Book your stay today!
Book your stay at Island Acres Resort Motel today, your home base in the Gunnison Valley!